Tuesday, April 13, 2010

getting started

So I figured it's about time for me to start a blog. I know I'm a little behind the times but here it is, wish me luck!

Mikey and I met through work and once I got divorced mikey and I were inseparable. We fell in love instantly and knew we wanted to be with each other for forever. Mikey didn't believe in marriage and i thought the day would never come that he would propose to me. one day when i was cleaning his apartment, i happened to stumble on a little white box with a gorgeous diamond ring. yes, i opened it and looked, but i didn't put it on. ha ha. it was around Easter of 2009 that Mikey talked to my dad for my hand in marriage. if you all know my dad, you know that was definitely not a short conversation. so needless to say, my whole family knew what they were talking about. i then talked to Mikey and confessed to finding the ring. i felt so bad because it broke his heart that i knew and it wasn't a surprise anymore. a few weeks later we were playing Mario kart and i made him bet me if i won that he had to give me the ring. dumb, yes but that's just how we are and i was tired of waiting. so, after the game, he knelt down and asked me to be his wife forever and of course i said yes and took the ring. we were married on November 1, 2009 by my cousin who is bishop of the ward we happened to be in. it was a quick elopement type deal because we wanted to save the big celebration for this November when we are sealed for eternity. so after we married, we went on a little honeymoon to florida. big disappointment. we went to orlando studios and it just wasn't what we expected. but we enjoyed the time together and the warmth and sun. when we got back to reality, a week later i found out that we were expecting. definitely not planned and took us both by surprise. we knew we definitely wanted kids but we didn't think it would be happening right away that's for sure. it's been a hard beginning marriage but obviously our Heavenly Father has big plans in store for us. Our little boy is due by july 10th and we couldn't be more excited. We have also recently moved to Stephen's City, Va in a townhouse that is in the same neighborhood as Mikey's family. It's all just been going so fast but we love what life is offering us right now. I'll keep this posted as much as I can. We have a pretty dull life but once the little one is here, there will be lots more pictures and fun stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment